CBD tablets / capsules What is cannabidiol (or CBD) and why would you take it? Well CBD is a compound found in cannabis, that can be used for medical purposes. So, I know what you are thinking – will I get high? The answer is no. CBD is not psychoactive and is legal (in most places). CBD has no THC in it, which is the compound that makes people high. It simply lets the user enjoy the benefits of cannabis without the psychoactive side effects. Some companies offer different strengths of CBD so you can customize your selection and it usually comes in capsule or oil form. There are a number of health benefits associated CBD. They include helping treat pain, anxiety, nausea, epilepsy, inflammation, seizures, loss of appetite, and cancer.
People can benefit from using CBD. It can affect the endocannabinoid system (which is just a bunch of receptors that run through the body). Is has been studied in people with neurological disorders. There are many health benefits associated with giving CBD to dogs. They include the following:
• Anxiety – In people, CBD can help quell feelings of anxiety and depression. This helps the person live a more productive and fulfilling life without the need of so many pharmaceutical drugs.
• Cancer – Studies have shown that CBD actually helps fight cancer. It helps the system create killer cells that kill cancer cells. It is most commonly used to reduce cancer-related pain.
• Seizures / epilepsy – This can be useful in conjunction with traditional medicines for seizures. It has been shown to have a positive effects on the frequency of seizures.
• Pain – Pain caused by a number of underlying illnesses can be eased by CBD because it reduces inflammation and affects the neuropathy of the body.
• Inflammatory bowel disease – CBD can help restore normal functions in the bowels. This decreases the inflammation and helps prevent colitis.
• Inflammation – When a body has an inflammatory response and releases cytokines, the CBD can help decrease the amount released, and thereby reducing the inflammation. This have even been shown to reduce the inflammation causing acne.
• Neurodegenerative disease, like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease – It helps reduce toxicity in the brain, thus easing the suffering from these kinds of diseases.
• Nausea and poor appetite – Sometimes a person will not want to eat because they are nauseous (from a variety of reasons). CBD can help ease the nausea and get the person to eat.
• Heart health – It can help with blood pressure, which can put a person at a higher risk for other health problems and damaged blood vessels.
There are different kinds of CBD oils, so it is important to choose the right one for you. If the oil is taken from a hemp plant, it does not contain any THC. This is important because too much THC can be toxic to humans. If the oil is produced by a cannabis plant, it may still have a small amount of THC.
Overall, if you are suffering from one or two significant illnesses or conditions, taking CBD might be worth a shot. It can help you be more comfortable when suffering from a serious medical condition, like cancer, or Alzheimer’s disease. Or, if you are just having a stressful day and need something to help you through it, or need help with a sleeping disorder, CBD might be a good fit for you. But, as with anything, do your research and talk it over with your doctor. Together you can come up with a plan to use conventional treatments with the addition of the benefits of CBD.